The RIGOP is excited to offer an internship program for high school and college students to work in an high-paced political environment. With the groundwork for the 2016 election cycle already getting started, now is a great time to get involved with us!
The ideal intern candidate brings outstanding written and oral communications skills, an interest in Republican politics and policy, as well as strong academic, technology and research skills. The successful candidate will provide support by conducting media and issue research, project and event support in the field, and various office tasks such as phone banking, mailings and database entry.
This internship is unpaid, however school credit is offered.
- A minimum commitment of 15 hrs/wk or 25 hrs/wk if obtaining school credit (unless specific requirement issued by institution)
- Time commitment between the hours of 9:30am-5pm.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and contribute to projects under tight deadlines
- Superior time-management skills and proven ability to execute long-term projects
- Avid interest and understanding of news media
- Proactive with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Thank you very much for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you and working with you here at the RIGOP!